In her 20-plus years at Eder, Casella & Co., Alice Pabian has been a key player in many aspects of the business, giving her a unique perspective as it grew from a small accounting office in McHenry to the multi-city, 30-plus staff of today. Among her essential duties, Pabian processes payroll and quarterly payroll tax returns, while also researching payroll notices for clients.
“Making sure our clients’ payroll needs are met is critical, as each of them have unique situations to contend with,” Pabian says. “That’s one thing I want potential clients to know about our company — we always strive for client satisfaction.”
Growing up in Chicago, Pabian graduated Josephinum Catholic High School, while earning a Certificate of Continuing Education in Payroll Law in 2008. The self-proclaimed fashionista has been married to her husband Walter for 47 years. Their two children, Lynn and Bryon, are both grown and married with children of their own — four grandsons keep Alice and Walter busy when she’s not at the office. “We love taking our grandsons to the movies and the Lego store,” she admits. It’s no wonder Pabian cites the “family-oriented atmosphere” as her favorite thing about working at Eder, Casella & Co.
Get to Know Alice — Five Facts:
1. People would be surprised to know … “I once lived in Canada.”
2. My favorite musical acts are … “Dave Matthews Band, The Bee Gees, Neil Diamond and Celine Dion.”
3. I’d like to be remembered as … “Fun and caring.”
4. My hero is … “My dad… he was encouraging, and a very good listener.”
5. One lesson I learned from my parents that guides me today … “Work hard and always give 100 percent at your job and anything you do.”
Connect with Alice
Phone: 815.344.1300 ext. 229