AMANDA RYAN, CPA
Since 2005, Amanda Ryan has been a fixture at Eder, Casella & Co. Over that time, she’s gained a vast range of experience and knowledge that she now shares with the firm’s new recruits. “I assist with training new employees, participate in our mentor program, and I’m involved in scheduling, which assists the partners in managing the time of all employees,” she explains.
That’s in addition to Ryan’s array of duties, including income tax return preparation and financial statement audits, reviews and compilations for individuals, for-profit and non-profit businesses and governments. Her secret to working through the various challenges? Patience to always seek out the right answer and understand the situation. “It’s very satisfying when I’m able to assist someone and be a positive part of their day,” the Harvard, Illinois native says. “At our firm, we are proud of our great attention to detail, treating clients as we would want to be treated.”
Ryan earned a Bachelors of Science and a Masters of Business Administration from Lewis University in Romeoville, Illinois, graduating in 2006. During her studies, she interned with Eder, Casella & Co. A member of the Illinois CPA Society, she also is a past treasurer and current member of the Rotary Club of Woodstock, where she lives with her husband Daniel (her best friend and high-school sweetheart) and daughters Brooklyn and Charlotte.
When she’s not at work, you’ll probably find Ryan outdoors — from April through November, at least. “Almost anything that you can do outdoors in the summer is what I enjoy,” she says, “from camping, swimming, hiking, to water skiing — although I’ve only done that once, I really liked it — and just being in the sun.”
Get to Know Amanda — Five Facts:
1. People would be surprised to know… “I played golf and softball at the Division 2 collegiate level.”
2. When I was a kid, I wanted to be a… “Zookeeper.”
3. I’m motivated by… “My family; they make me want to be the best I can be and to live each day to the fullest. It is very satisfying to be able to care for them and provide for them.”
4. My favorite musical acts are… “It really depends on my mood, but most often I can be found dancing in my chair in my office to country music — Miranda Lambert, Zac Brown Band, Eric Church.”
5. Accounting is fun (yes, really!) because… “Spend a day in our office… and you won’t think accountants are boring.”
Connect with Amanda