Staff Accountant I
Company holiday parties are fun, sure, but they can also be awkward. So just imagine if you had to walk into one as your very first introduction to your new co-workers.
That happened to Carol Stream native George Pappas, who rolled into the Eder, Casella & Co. gathering in December 2015 barely having met a soul beforehand. “It was impressive — he fit right in and made new friends before he left,” recalls Eder, Casella & Co. partner Shelly Dercole.
As a staff accountant at the firm, the Northern Illinois University Graduate, who also holds an MBA from North Central College, Pappas works with a variety of clients. “I like helping solve their specific problems,” Pappas says. The best part of the process? “That moment when everything balances.”
The insight into various businesses is particularly compelling to the married father of one. “I became an accountant because I’m detail oriented and like creating action plans that are solution driven,” he explains. “Financial statements may look like boring numbers on the surface, but they are the key to understanding the exciting and sometimes complex operations of an entity.”
Get to Know George — Five Facts:
1. If I wasn’t an accountant…. “I love to travel and cook. My dream job would be to host a traveling Food Network show like Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.”
2. My first job was… “a host at Applebee’s. I liked meeting new people every day, but my least favorite part was rolling up the silverware in napkins.”
3. When I’m not at work, I enjoy… “Traveling, spending time with family, and cooking.”
4. The word that best describes me… “Honest.”
5. I’d like to be remembered as… “As a caring and loving husband and father.”
Connect with George
Phone: 847.382.3366 ext. 271