As you can imagine, accounting is a computer-centric profession, where equipment simply cannot fail when tax deadlines loom. Enter Kevin Hinterlong, Eder, Casella & Co.’s network administrator.
Since 2009, Hinterlong has been responsible for the technology that powers the firm. “I cover and support all aspects of servers, computers and equipment connected to our internal network,” he says.
A professional network administrator since 2003, Hinterlong earned his Telecommunications Management Degree from DeVry University. The most rewarding part of his job? “Being able to implement improvements to our current network and computer infrastructure, while keeping up on the latest hardware and software advancements,” he says. “Eder, Casella is a great work environment — the team treats clients and one another with respect and understanding.”
The Harvard, Illinois, native recalls working on computers from a very young age. “My older brother inspired me,” Hinterlong says. “He used to program games in BASIC at a very young age. All throughout college, I worked primarily for myself fixing computers, setting up networks and installing upgrades.”
Get to Know Kevin — Five Facts:
1. If I wasn’t working in accounting… “In the field of forestry/fisheries.”
2. My first job was… “Hardees. I was a cook at 15, where I was able to work with some good friends. My least favorite part? The grease.”
3. When I’m not at work, I enjoy… “Traveling and fishing.”
4. When I was a kid, I wanted to be a… “Doctor.”
5. My favorite musical act is… “Creedence Clearwater Revival.”
Connect with Kevin