When Eder, Casella & Co. acquired Gurnee-based accounting firm Milburn, Cain & Co. in July 2017, longtime secretary of that firm Kimberly Riggs came aboard — a fact that helped with a seamless transition for the business and its clients alike.
“Kimberly was Milburn, Cain & Co’s secretary for more than 20 years, and she knows all of the clients and inner workings of that office,” says Managing Partner Shelly Casella-Dercole. “She is extremely detail oriented and focused on making sure our final work product is well presented.”
Oh, and that’s far from the only perk. “Kimberly also bake treats for the office a lot… and it is always fantastic,” Casella-Dercole adds. Riggs, for her part, takes her culinary fame in stride. “I'm already known as The Cookie Lady, so that'll probably be on my tombstone,” she laughs.
Born and raised in Gurnee, Illinois, Riggs is married with two adult stepsons, but her home now has been given over to a four-legged friend. “I’m very much an advocate of animal adoption, and a proud ‘Foster Failure,'" she admits— a term for those who fall in love with their foster animals and decide to adopt.
Get to Know Kimberly — Five Facts:
1. When I'm not at work, I enjoy… “Being involved in animal rescue, although I’m not doing that as much as I'd like to be.”
2. I am passionate about… “Reading. My parents taught me to read by the age of 3 and I've been voracious ever since. I also love to cook, but baking is my real love and family and friends have been trying to get me to open a bakery for many years.”
3. I look forward to… “That first sip of morning coffee touching my soul.”
4. The word that best describes me… “Salty.”
5. My favorite inspirational quote is… “We give dogs the time we can spare, space we can spare, and love we can spare, and in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.” — M. Facklam
Connect with Kimberly