LAWRENCE KREUSCHER, CPA
Lawrence Kreuscher has expansive experience and expertise in auditing and tax preparation, thanks in large part to his over 20 years as a top performer at Milburn, Cain & Co., the Gurnee-based firm acquired by Eder, Casella & Co. in July 2017. But he’ll likely never tell you that himself.
“The one word I would use to describe Larry is ‘humble,’” says Managing Partner Shelly Casella-Dercole. “He is calm and unassuming, and has vast knowledge that he does not give himself enough credit for.”
Kreuscher, who graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Accounting from Carthage College in Kenosha, Wisconsin, likes the diversity of work encountered in the accounting realm. “Every client is different with different personalities, strengths, weaknesses, and attitudes, so it is interesting interacting with them,” he says.
The married father of two grown children, one a schoolteacher and the other an actuary, took the CPA exam later than most, passing it in 2014 at the age of 54. He’s proud of that fact, but recommends that aspiring accountants not necessarily follow in his footsteps. “Don’t wait until you are in your 50s like me to take the exam-- do it now! You can pass it if you devote yourself to it.”
Get to Know Lawrence — Five Facts:
1. My first job was… “A paper boy. My favorite part of the job was getting paid, and least favorite was delivering papers in the rain.”
2. People would be surprised to know… “I am fluent in sign language — my wife is deaf.”
3. If I wasn’t an accountant, I’d want to be… “A sports talent scout or coach of a professional sports team.”
4. When I’m not at work, I enjoy… “Taking walks after work, sports, and church activities.”
5. One lesson from my grandparents that still guides me today… “Work hard and you will succeed. My grandfather was a good example of a hard worker and taught me that lesson.”
Connect with Lawrence