If you’re an employee in any business, you can certainly appreciate the importance of Maria Delgado’s role. The McHenry native joined Eder, Casella & Co. in July 2018 as Payroll Clerk, specializing in processing personnel pay for companies large and small. Her mission is straightforward — “making sure that our clients and their employees are paid timely and accurately,” she says.
Delgado, who previously worked at a Waukegan packaging company in human resources and benefits, ended up in payroll after impressing a customer. “I was recruited to process the client’s in-house payroll without having prior experience because I was bilingual and seemed nice,” she says.
From there, the mother of one, who’s also taking college courses on the side, took on the role full throttle. “I take great pride in my work,” Delgado explains. “I enjoy completing payrolls accurately and timely, and helping clients through any issues that may arise along the way.”
Get to Know Maria— Five Facts:
1. My first job was … “ Bussing tables. I didn’t like it so much, though — there was a salmonella outbreak and the restaurant closed down.”
2. People would be surprised to know … “I have flipped seven properties.”
3. When I’m not at work, I enjoy … “Spending time with my son, Daniel, and loved ones. My son is my biggest inspiration, and everything I do is for him and his well-being.”
4. One lesson from my parents that guides me today … “Family comes first — friends will come and go, but family is forever.”
5. The word that best describes me … “Mischievous.”
Connect with Maria
Phone: 815.344.1300 ext. 277