“The people of this firm go out of their way constantly to assist clients in any way possible,” says Pam Wawrzos, a fixture in Eder, Casella & Co.’s payroll department since 2013. “It’s not just with classic accounting work, but any other related need.”
Wawrzos arrived at Eder, Casella with a full decade of prior experience in the field, as well as a Bachelor’s of Science in Business Administration, with a major in Accounting, from Columbia College, Missouri. Here, she processes payroll and payroll tax returns for clients, while also handling ongoing concerns like utility billing and accounts payable.
Although not an “accountant,” Wawrzos, who’s been married for nearly 25 years, has always been drawn to numbers. “I enjoy the challenge of figuring out why and where mistakes have been made. I decided to pursue my degree after my daughter started kindergarten,” she recalls. “I wanted to set a good example for her that college and education are important.” That example was taken to heart, as daughter Cassidy has now entered college herself.
“I really enjoy what I do, the people I work with in my department, and the flexibility and diversity of the job,” she says. “And a four-minute commute from home is a nice bonus!”
Get to Know Pam — Five Facts:
1. My first job was… “In retail. My favorite thing was being able to help people; my least favorite thing was having to work on holidays.”
2. When I was a kid, I wanted to be a… “‘Cashier lady.’ Cash register, adding machine, I guess I wasn’t too far off.”
3. I look forward to… “Watching my daughter pursue her future.”
4. My favorite musical act is… “I enjoy all types of music, but my all-time favorite band is They Might Be Giants.”
5. I want to be remembered as… “Someone who cared about and went out of her way to help people in need.”
Connect with Pam